Board :Tales of the People
Author :Archon Iyagi
Subject :"Death is not the end" by Lapin
Date :10/1
The chamber was damp and the echo of water droplets rang out into the desolate metal cage. A large gust of wind rattled the brittle bones lying on the floor. The walls were stained with dry blood and a fading hand print, yet, not all hope was lost.
Tzumil found himself in the corner of the cell, shaking from the chilling wind. His stomach growled angrily and his muscles shook with exhaustion. He had a difficult time recalling the details of his life before the capture.

Slumped against the cold stone wall, Tzumil noticed a familiar creature enter the cell. Maneuvering through the metal bars and bones with ease, a plush mouse approached him with a red ribbon dangling from its mouth. His mind was immediately transported to an image of his betrothed in a majestic glade. Her brown hair swayed in the autumn breeze and danced about the sunflower pinned to her orange-cream dress. Dancing in a field of daisies she laughed as the petals floated into the sky from a nearby sea breeze. Life, as Tzumil knew it at that moment, was perfect.

The silence of the chamber was shattered as a robed figure took descent on the stairs from the adjacent room. Tzumil's mind locked up and his body slowed like that of a victim of the viper stick's touch. His body quivered in fear and he could feel his heart bursting in pain from inside his chest. The robed figure approached the metal bars of the cell and drew out a twisted metal blade, knocking it against the bars for amusement.

A menacing voice whispered into the cell, "So, it's true Tzumil. You have no affiliation with the sovereign. Yet, I wonder why the intercepted messages had your name on them. You've seen far too much to be released. It's time to join your betrothed in the land that lies beyond the veil." The robed figure dropped a blood-stained sunflower and unlocked the heavy steel door. He approached the emaciated Tzumil praying in the corner. "Speak up! I don't have time for games." shouted the saboteur. Tzumil drew in all his strength and locked eyes with the masked man and said, "Death is not the e.." The robed figure plunged his twisted blade deep into Tzumi's chest and dropped the lifeless body on the floor. His chuckle resonated loudly in the interrogation chamber and he wiped his blade clear.

Tzumil's boot began to shine brightly in various shades of crimson. The robed figure gritted his teeth and shouted, "You wretched fools, I told you to search him thoroughly!" Tzumil's body began to glow brightly in a kaleidoscope of colors and his spirit was drawn into the room by the power of the recall stone. A dark cloud formed on the ceiling of the chamber and a bolt of thunder struck the wooden desk in the room, engulfing it in flames. The robed figure took several steps back, now surrounded by a group of faceless spirits, floating towards their next mark. Tzumil walked through the Phoenix flame unharmed and clutched his once stolen rattle. His voice carried over the winds with power, "In this life and the next, your soul is mine for the taking."

Lapin